Saturday, July 5, 2008

A good time for all

What can I say, it was hot and crowded but fun for the whole family! Luckily for us we did not know how hot it actually was in California at the time. We were to busy playing and site seeing to watch the news or see the temperatures at the banks or else we would have been miserable. We left Lynden with the local temp being mid 50's and low 60's. We arrived in California to 100+ temps for the most of the time we were there. I new it would be hotter but damn! Like I said though, it is a good thing that we did not know hot it really was. We actually got a little cold when the temp dropped down to the 80's the last couple days were there. (Can you believe that shit?)

The kids had fun but weren't very daring when it came to the big rides. We started off with Splash Mountain, what a mistake that was. Both kids got scared and Alysse cried by the end of it. That kind of set the tempo for the next couple days, frustrating. They were very reluctant or refused to ride anything else after that for a while. I did get Elijah to go on the Star Tours ride and into the Haunted Mansion. The latter was a big mistake because he was bawling half way into it. I tried to explain to him that it wasn't real but he didn't care.
I was grumpy because of the fact that we had spent a lot of money on the trip and they were refusing to experience any of the rides for fear of being frightened. Kelsey and the kids even called me Grumpy so I bought a hat and shirt with Grumpy on it, only fitting right? They slowly warmed up to some of the rides and I went off on my own to have some fun. Kelsey is not a big thrill seeker so it was up to me to enjoy some of the big rides on my own. I figured that if I rode the big ones that I could talk the kids into trying more exciting stuff, not! I rode the Hollywood Tower of Terror, Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones and some other ones that I don't remember the names of. I had a good time even if was on my own sometimes. I sure hope that the kids get a little more adventuresome the older they get because I honestly don't see us spending all that money on trip like that if they don't fully experience it.
We got to ride many rides together as a family which was fun. We rode the brand new Midway Mania (Toy Story ride), Finding Nemo, Honey I shrunk the audience, Buzz Light Year's ride and Alysse's favorite Autopia. One of the best things we did as a family is when Elijah got picked to go up on stage and be a Jedi knight and fight Darth Mal. I honestly thought that he would balk at it if they did choose him but he did great and had a blast. He did have some problems with his lightsaber at first but what guy doesn't, right? I will try and put the video clips on the blog.

We made a trip down to San Diego, on a Saturday, to take the kids to Seaworld. The place was packed and once again, it was hot! We made the best of it and had fun. I have to say though that Seaworld has a lot to learn from Disney when come to setting up there attractions. They all seemed to exit at the same place causing some serious congestion.
There was lots to see and if I ever have to deal with parents and their strollers again it will be to soon. They have to be the MOST inconsiderate people I know. You think that they would be the opposite but not there. They stopped in the middle of the streets and strolled side by side thinking they owned the god damn place. Who cares if there are 200,000 people waiting to get by them.

All and all the trip was fun and it was nice to get away. We came back to nice 80 degree weather and the kids took advantage of the pool. It looks like we will have summer after all.

The dogs were very happy to see us and Mojo changed a lot just in that short period of time. They stayed with Kelsey's mom at the cabin in eastern Washington and kept her company while Buzz was at a business meeting. Mojo is getting better and better in regards to the house breaking. I still think that he is not as smart as Zoey but I'm a little biased.

As you can see, the Lynden Fair is our next big project. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

1st day of school 08'

1st day of school 08'

Thanks for visiting my site, you're number