Saturday, January 26, 2008

Homeward bound!

I can't believe what I'm about to say but "we can't wait until we get home"! Yep, I said it and wish it wasn't true. Elijah has had a viral flu for about the last 3 days. He has had a fever off and on but no vomiting, thank God. He has missed out on the beach and pool for the most part of those 3 days. We leave tomorrow and guess what? Alysse thinks she is getting sick. She said that her tummy hurts but I think she getting worked up about Elijah's sickness. Alysse is very in tune with other people's sicknesses and misfortunes. She hates to hear any animal or baby cry or appear hurt. She freaks out and has to leave the room. She really hated us talking about Elijah being sick and got all bent out of shape when we were brainstorming on how we were going to handle the trip back home.

The money that runs this island, Maui, is incredible and it amazes me how small their medical clinics are and back assward they are. It probably does not help that we are the big bad white people(howlies) and they could care less about us. I have been here 5 times and have just recently noticed how much the locals do not like us. I'm sure that they like the money that we bring into the communities but would rather have us not be here. I can see where having tourists around all the time would get old but money made this place what it is today. I will give you prime example. Buzz and I just went to the local "Safeway" to buy medicine and stuff and were basically treated like shit!! Now thinking back to the "Safeway" we have in Lynden, people would get fired if they treated customers that way. The girl made no eye contact with us and spouted off the usual banter of "Would like help out with that?" and "You saved $1.98." What can you do? I guess just be thankful for the life you live and the job that you have. Amen!! Pray that our flight back to Seattle goes well with the sick kiddos and all. Talk to you on the Mainland. Luv Ya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I know it is tme to go eat some
of my HOME MADE veg soup and then
lay down and rest for the evening..
TELL THE LITTLE ONE THAT I AM SORRY I CALLED HER KOEY!!!!!!!
Give her a kiss for me tooooo.
LOVE,
YOUR OLD CRAZY MOTHER

1st day of school 08'

1st day of school 08'

Thanks for visiting my site, you're number