Monday, January 14, 2008

Inalienable Rights!

It's been quite awhile since I've posted anything but here it goes. Inalienable rights, we take a lot of our rights for granted and normally don't know how good we have it until it is taken away from us. Basic rights and needs are acceptable to most of us.

Let's talk about rights in other countries. Are we guaranteed certain rights while visiting other countries? Yes, for the most part but what if they don't let us into their country? Now that's a whole different ball of wax!!

I have traveled all over the world via the military and never once did I feel that it was MY right to go to that country. It was a right to ask permission to enter that country and once inside I was expected to abide by their rules and regulations or else. Or else I would be kicked out and refused admission for future attempts.

It just amazes me and pisses me off when people from other countries come to this country, my country, and assume that they have a right to enter it. Many of them are criminals and have no intentions of following the rules. Most of them are law abiding citizens but still feel that they can come and go as they please.

The fact that many of our politicians are representing foreign nationals on our tax money really pisses me off as it should you!

When I went to other countries, I made it a point to get the type of money needed for the trip. Not so when they come to the U.S., they expect us to have a bank on every corner for them so that they can change their money whenever the need to.

Just like the boy scouts say, "Be prepared".



Enough about that, we leave for Maui on Friday and can't wait. The rain has been coming down pretty steadily lately so we are ready. No work, no stress and no cold! Aloha!!

Zoey will be staying with Kelsey's sister Janean in Seattle while we are gone. She is very easy to take care of and if she does make a mess, it's easy to clean up! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shawn,
You told me about Zoey but forgot about the goats!!!!!!!!
By the way it sounds you are going
into politics or running for some
office....... When you get to Maui
will be able to keep a check on the
info about Cody. You know it starts all over again for him.
Hope you all have a nice vacation.
LOVE,LOVE,LOVE,
MOM

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,
Hope you have a safe trip and a great time. I love reading yours and Mickey's blogs. Give lots of kisses and take lots of pictures.
Love, BigSis

1st day of school 08'

1st day of school 08'

Thanks for visiting my site, you're number