Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Now for the let down!

What a great day it was and now for the let down to begin. We are trying to relax and let it all soak in. The kids had a blast and so did we. We were all spoiled and are thankful for what we have in our lives.
I have no idea how you could not be thankful in country like ours. After serving in the military for 10 years and seeing many other countries it is easy to say that we are the luckiest by far. I don't think that people in other countries understand our loyalty to our country or do they? I remember dating women in other countries and usually when we commented on how we could not wait to get back to the "real world". One girl in particular got pissed off at me when I made that comment so of course, I said it all the time! :) She was from Germany and I should have expected it from a German. I spent 7 yrs there and it was an OK country but it felt like I was living in a snow globe. They talked shit about our country yet they want to live here! It seemed that the all just wanted the green card and all the benefits that come with it.
That brings up another issue; Immigrating to the U.S. Having dealt with this on a daily basis it amazes my how many people take this for granted. Back in the old days, if you immigrated to a country, you immigrated and then naturalized. That is what INS stands for, Immigration and Naturalization. Now days people immigrate and stay a resident alien until they die. They live in their own little pods and never even try to assimilate to their surroundings. They have children who do all the talking for them and then they never have to learn how to speak the native countries language. Try this in any other country and see what happens! Old immigrants were proud to become U.S. citizens and tried to fit in. The new breed of immigrants come here and try to change the country to benefit them. The use their greencards as a visa to come and go as they please. They go and live in their native country and only come back when it time to collect the social security monies. We need to stop changing our history and ideals to benefit them. Preserve our history and if they don't like it then they can leave or just shut up!

Another rant gone on to long but had to say it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to get this right,one
way or another........Got the kids
cards in the mail yesterday,and they are quite welcome.Will be
waiting to see pic's of your trip.
Hope you all have a very nice time.
Whose going to take care of Zoey
and the goats? Now see if it works this time!!!!!!!
LOVE,
MOM

Anonymous said...

Here it is 7:30 Sun. morning and
I'm on the computer. Just sent a
few lines to Mickey and I was checking yours out. Four more days
and you'll be on your way.I tink I
told you about my leg hurting the
other day when the girls where here
to help me with cleaning, well I didn'say anything to Mick but I had
to go see the DR the nextday because I)i
could hardly walk, it hurt so bad.
What I thought was Burcidus(excuse
spelling)it) was my Syadic nerve and (again excuse spelling).They had to give me 2 shots & 3kinds of pillsyjmej
and I had to call off work 3 times so far. Hope I can go back Tues.
We are so short handed now and I
hate for some one else to fill in
for me. Not everyone likes night shift. Guess I talked to much al-
ready. Give the kids a hug & kiss.
LOVE YOU ALL,
MOM

1st day of school 08'

1st day of school 08'

Thanks for visiting my site, you're number